Saturday, October 13, 2007

Making stopmotion with lights!

I was working on this assignment with Vikram. He is really good at photography so I could learn a lot from him. He showed me Sprint comercial which is a light stopmotion and suggested to try that. As soon as I saw it, I was really interested in stopmotion with lights and wondered how to make it.

At first, we took a lot of pictures with lights. I drew some shapes such as circles, stars etc. and he took pictures of the lights with fast shutter speed. And also I took some picture of him. We drew a lot and got many pictures but after uploading them we figured out our mistakes. We should have taken pictures with overexposure instead of faster shutter speed. With overexposure, we could get a drawing made of lights. So we tried it again. We set up a duration of the camera exposure as 4sec through 10sec, and drew again with a lights. I had a lot of fun! The pictures of lights were awesome. After we got many pictures, we imported all of them to the Final cut. We added a music and a title and finally our stopmotion is completed!

No comments: